Thursday, October 30, 2008

Do I really have anything to say?

Well, I am a newbie here in blog land. I'm not sure what made me decide to sign up, but I do enjoy reading other blogs, so I suppose I thought what's the harm? I think my biggest fear is a boring blog, which in a sense I guess really doesn't matter as it's mainly for me anyways, and if anyone reads it, then I take no responsibility for any boredom that you may incur! I think maybe my ramblings will be just that, and of no importance, as the blogs I read all seem so intuitive and clever and funny. I would go for any one of those three things. Maybe this will simply be a place to spew some mental garbage that is rattling around in my head that won't make sense to a three year old or six week old. There is something to be said for adult conversation. I think my page is pretty basic for now, although once I get the hang of it I'm sure I will be sprucing it up.


I have been on maternity leave for 6 weeks now. My son enjoys having me at home, although some days he makes me pull my hair out, actually most days. My sister has always told me that the "three's" are worse than "two's" and I am thinking she was correct in this. She has four kids, she should know. Since I have brought the baby home, my son has been especially rotten, doing anything he can for attention. And don't get me wrong, it's not that he doesn't get special "mommy" time just for him, because he does. I will elaborate more on instances of his crazy behavior that drives me insane on later dates, when specific examples pop into my head, or as they occur. And maybe his behaviour isn't crazy, maybe it's perfectly developmentally normal for a child his age, although it just drives ME crazy.

It's Halloween tomorrow, and he's been asking to go trick or treating all week. I'm sure it will be a blast, we're going with his cousins and they are all stoked. My daughter has a matching costume, so they will be very cute.

Let's end today with a halloween limerick, it's the end of the day so bear with me...

"There once was a mom with a spoon

that carved a pumpkin to look like a loon

Her son really liked it

Til the neighbor kids smashed it

When they "tricked" by the light of the moon."

Happy Halloween everyone!

1 comment:

Des said...

Welcome to the bloogy world or better yet, BloGGy world. ahem. Everyday I have nothing to say and then I just start typing and it happens. It will happen for you too.
I highly, highly, highly, highly recommend Love and Logic CD's for staying sane as a parent. www.loveandlogic.com Get the stuff on toddlers and pre-schoolers. It's fabulous and I've never been happier. It's about you and not about the kid. That's the sad part. :)

Good Luck Rose!!!

Beware the few racy photos...thought it was worth it to see all the other ones!