Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Christmas Cards

So I told you I would update you on my creative process and making my Christmas cards. It was a great evening. I got 10 cards made! There was also the best tasting coffee I've had in a while (not including my Tim Hortons, and anyone who knows me knows how much I love my Tims), lots of cookies, squares, and chips with guacamole and salsa. There were 7 other ladies to visit with and I met some women new to the scrapbook club that I hadn't met before. All in all it was a successful evening.



I tried to keep them simple, but elegant and cute! I love my little gingerbread punch, this is one of the ones I bought that I couldn't wait to try out!





Snowflakes, reindeer and candles (partylite, WOOO!) are always things that make us (or at least me) think of this special time of year.


And although you can't tell from the picture, the green card is textured and feels like velvet, and the blue card has little star brads on the corners. Last year I enjoyed making these more than I thought I would, and I didn't think I would do them again this year after having the baby. But alas, my creative side won't let the season pass without a few handcrafted items to send out to all my special friends. Ten down, maybe 25 or 30 more to go?? I still have lots of ideas rattling around, and my sister and I are getting together to work on them some more during the week. And then, it will be cookie time! Start baking and freezing and eating...mmm cookies.

1 comment:

Des said...

Wow. That's something I can't do. Well, there are many things I can't do but the whole scrapbooking thing has passed me by. Your cards are beautiful and I'm sure a friend will treasure them. I'm going with the good ole' photo card, preprinted. Not nearly as sweet as yours. They are really beautiful.

Beware the few racy photos...thought it was worth it to see all the other ones!