Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Disappointment

I am sleep deprived. Today, I took my kids to get pictures done and was disappointed by the result. My son refused to cooperate and as a result I got a picture of my two kids with a three year old bearing the fakest smile ever. It looks so unnatural I can't stand it, and it takes so much effort for me to get them both ready and out the door and across town to the appointment that I don't want to do it again anytime soon, especially when there is no guarantee that my son will feel like being a part of picture day again. I may have to get creative and do something at home, as he is always asking me to take pictures of him here. Silly. And I was really disappointed with the studio I went to, as the quality of pictures for the price I paid was not up to par. Wal Mart and Sears take the same quality pictures (sometimes better) than the ones I received today, and are far less expensive, and you have more control over which shots you get.

Then, continuing on with my Nikon story, I took my camera back to the photo shop today, as it is still giving me problems with that shadow at the bottom of the photo. They kept it there as the Nikon rep will be there next week, so they are going to ask about it and do something. I feel better about that at least, as the fellow I spoke to said the flash on the camera is tested and rated for the 18mm lens that I am using, and shouldn't cause that shadow, and if it was the flash it should be consistently doing that, which it isn't, so hopefully we'll know by next week what the problem is. I'm hoping it's defective and they exchange it for me, as I really don't know what I'll do if that is really how this camera takes pictures, as at the moment my Canon 8mp digital elph takes better indoor shots. And HELLO! I have children and will take lots of shots indoors.

Then this evening, my baby was cranky again, tried to breast feed her and she wouldn't eat, so I warmed up a bottle and that is what she wanted. Made me die a little inside! I may have to pump and give it to her that way, so she still gets the good stuff for a while.

Then my husband came home at 10pm this evening, and told me we are getting freezing rain. Lovely. Roads are going to rock tomorrow morning!! I hate that he works in the oil patch and is on the roads all the time, makes me worry for his safe return when the weather gets bad. I also had some small shopping plans for tomorrow, but for nothing that is urgently required, so my plans may be thwarted by the icy conditions.

So all in all today was a bit of a disappointment, but I'm optimistic, and hopefully tomorrow will be a bit brighter than today... Would be nice to have some time with my husband, he's been working lots and late nights, haven't had real quality family time in a while and my son misses his daddy too.

I'm going to go to bed now, to pray for 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep, safety for my husband, sun to melt the ice, and a new camera. What the heck, I may just throw in world peace for shits and giggles.

No comments:

Beware the few racy photos...thought it was worth it to see all the other ones!