Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye Forever

Haha, I stole this sentiment from the Pioneer Woman, and she's right, it's just fun to say lol. So 2008 is almost over. The major thing that happened this year was the birth of our daughter Rayna, who is now three months old. Everything else is pretty much the same. I started quilting this year and discovered I love it. I also started this blog this year, which has been a fun experience. It really is a neat way to communicate with so many wonderful people out there all over the world. I suppose this time of year is supposed to be for reflection and insight, but I just don't think I can be reflective and insightful right now! As I write this, Rayna is babbling at me from her position beside me on the couch.

Wow, I have totally veered off my creative path and started reading again, I can't seem to do both at the same time, I am either totally dedicated to reading and rip through several books one after another, or I'm sewing project after project after project. I still have several lined up... like the table runner that I was going to do for myself! Oh well, the gifts I was making got finished and they were given and received with great love. I have a huge material stash started, so now I think I better get back to business and continue creating things, as I'm running out of storage space, and my husband is getting annoyed at my sewing machine sitting uselessly on the table. (I have no craft space!)

But before that happens, I am going to finish reading the Twilight series. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this book! What an incredible love story, and the way it was written had me turning pages, not sooo intense, but it flowed and I just did not want to put it down. I finished it in a day. And was hungry for more. I went to the bookstore to purchase the rest of the series and the second book, new moon was sold out. AUGH!! Figures. But, I knew my friend had been reading the series as well, so I phoned her and she lent me the next two books on Monday. Yesterday, I read New Moon. Not as romantic as the first, but a good book on it's own, and I still didn't want to put it down, I want to keep reading and see what the future holds for Bella and Edward! So I am currently on Eclipse, and just started reading it this morning. I want to set the laundry and the dishes aside, forget that it's New Years Eve, cuddle up with my favorite blanket, a cup of coffee, and READ. Unfortunately, we have plans for tonight, the laundry is piling up, and the real world keeps encroaching on my book world. It has been sooo long since I was so absorbed by the story that I pretty much zone out and tune out everything and it's like I'm right there. Ahhhh, I love books. Amazing the things I see and the places I go just by reading a story. I'm also keeping track now of how many pages I have read since Christmas, like I've seen on the blog Five Funny Feet. I thought it was a great idea, and don't have a goal set but am curious how many pages I will read between now and next Christmas!

Alright, I guess I should wrap this up as my daylight is fading already (it's only 3:00pm) and I need to bath the baby before we go visiting tonight. It's not much warmer here yet, it's still
-27C, so it's too cold for the kids to go sledding like we originally planned.

2008 was a good year, and I'm looking forward to all that 2009 will bring, and I wish you all the very best in the new year. Goodbye Forever, 2008!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

3 comments:

Des said...

Goodbye Forever could also go right along with your cleaning and mothering duties whilst you read. :) The 4th book is the biggest!

You could celebrate and go see the movie once you have them all done. They are very fun. It's now my 'default' book. When I don't have a new book to read, I just start reading twilight until I get a new book. :)

Happy New Year!

BB said...

I wish you... lots of good nights' sleeps and reading time!

Happy New Year to you in your (very cold) corner of the world. Thanks for joining my posse!!!
:-)
BB

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

I am so happy you like the books! Yeah! Welcome to the "club"!

Beware the few racy photos...thought it was worth it to see all the other ones!