Friday, August 21, 2009

I'm on a CT!!!

Woohoo! I am lucky enough to be on the Creative Team for Kathy Winters Designs. What this means is I have early access (and free access {squeal of happiness}) to all her new kits (and any others I would like to play with) and do layouts for her to show off how versatile and cool her kits are! I am so excited and happy to be doing this! She doesn't require us to blog about it but I am so excited I have to share it with you. First off, let me show you the kit I just got to play around with, her newest release School is Cool! It has so many cool elements. The alpha looks like the chalk on the chalkboard (it didn't make it onto any of my layouts, but I still love it!). Her designs are available exlusively at Scrapable, the images are linked to her store.She also has done a matching word art series for this kit, it's totally cute and can have so many uses! This layout I extracted Chase and put him in the bus (he's only 4 so he's not quite ready yet!) and I loved the word arts so much they became most of the page. I could see so many ways to write this out! The font I used was Kids First Print font. I also recolored one of the "scribbles" to make the exhaust for the bus.This layout was so much fun and came together really quickly for me! I love that torn out notebook paper! The crayons and scribbles were perfect for photos of Chase from when he first started coloring! The artwork is something he colored recently, as I take photos of his art now as I just can't keep it all! I recolored the white alpha to match my page for the title, and used Pea Hannah Vanilla for the journalling font, and FH Ink for the date on the tag at the bottom.

So if you like, click on the previews to be taken to her store! Kathy also does a lot of word art, and it's gorgeous. She often has a freebie word art on her blog, so it would be a good idea to follow her!! (That's how I found her, all her fantastic freebies!)

Now for all of you that started following me because of my craftiness, I apologize for all my digital scrapping layout posts lately! It's just what I've really been interested in, but I promise a sewing post really soon, I have several projects in the works!

Also, I have updated my book blog, as I gave up on my last read. You can jump over to my book review blog to hear all about it, and my new book choice as well!

No comments:

Beware the few racy photos...thought it was worth it to see all the other ones!