Sunday, October 25, 2009

Beautiful, How I Wonder, Jungle Boogie

Hey all! The wonderful girls at Scrap That Idea have some great new kits out this week! Sara has a new kit out this week called Beautiful, and it's aptly named, as it is definitely beautiful!! Here is a preview of the kit: I don't actually favour blues that much in my scrapping, especially for photos of Rayna, but this layout came together fairly easily for me, and I just love the elements in this kit! I had such a hard time choosing which ones to use! I kept adding them and then deleting them... This is the result! I'm very happy with this layout! The font on the star for the date was DJB Journal Bits.This is the second layout I did, I just love craft papers! The cluster frame over top of the blue one is in a freebie add on Sara has on her blog, so make sure you pop over there and grab it! This was such a cool photo, it fit perfect on the layout! We actually had snow on October 6th, so the next morning, Chase wanted to go outside and blow bubbles, so I thought, whatever, go ahead, and when I went outside a few minutes later all his bubbles were just resting on the snow! I had to take pictures it just looked so neat. Only in Northern Alberta!! lol. Sucks that we have snow already though. The font on the date tag is Hotel Coral Essex, and the "bubbles" is the alpha included in the kit. The "in the snow" font is !Sketchy Times (no that's not a typo lol).
Mel also has not one, but two new kits out this week! The first one is How I Wonder, and it is so pretty, the pastels are grunged just right, I had fun playing with this kit. Here is the kit preview:

And my layout:
I took Chase to preschool for the first time today, and did this layout the same day so I wouldn't forget the details! The title and wordart are included in the kit (the title is using the alpha) and the journalling font I used was SF Carissa. The date font is Amienne.

Mel's other kit being released this week is a totally cute zoo type kit called Jungle Boogie. Here is the preview:Aren't all those fuzzy elements so cute??! Here is my first layout of Chase playing on his swing in the backyard:

and my second layout, Chase barely a week old:The date on the photo was done with the Adler font, and the "Lion" is Sasquatch font, and the rest of the title is Ufrayd font.
Well, that's all folks! As always, the kits are on sale for the first 48 hours, so make sure you grab it at the Scrap that Idea store! Happy scrapping :)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Great layout, thanks for the mention :)

Beware the few racy photos...thought it was worth it to see all the other ones!