Thursday, October 15, 2009

I touched my sewing machine

Ever have a day where you feel like this??I totally am having one today. Anyone want a 4 year old?? Chase has suddenly turned into this defiant little boy, tells me no to everything, and he cries at the drop of a hat...I seriously don't know what to do with him anymore, or what has brought it all on!! I spend ALL DAY entertaining him, we bake cakes, read stories, do puzzles, build train tracks, make playdough, practice writing his letters...he probably gets more one on one attention than any kid out there. And trying to do anything fun with him usually ends up with me yelling at him, totally frustrated because the whole point was to have fun and his behavior always ruins it. Are all 4 year olds like this, or is it just mine?? Eerg. It's no wonder my husband comes home to this everyday.On a different note, I actually managed to touch my sewing machine yesterday! I dusted it off, cleared off my sewing table of all the junk and clutter that has taken hold of the surface, dug out some of my scraps and made these two blocks:Now I think it's quite obvious that the brown one seems a little bit skewed. Granted I haven't touched my sewing machine in months, but I didn't think I could bugger up a 9 patch! I'd like to claim that it's the way I took the photo, or even maybe the way I cut the material, and it's merely illusion that makes it look like it's wonky. I don't know for sure. What I do know is that this orange one looks better to me. I hope Amanda Jean likes them! Oh, did I forget to mention why I suddenly broke scrapbooking stride and started sewing again? Well, I saw this post on Creative Chicks, about Amandajean's post, and decided to pitch in by sending in a block. Then I decided to send two, as well as some matching scraps for the scrappy border. I hope she doesn't mind an amateur quilter sending in a couple of wonky blocks!! lol. Hopefully once she adds sashing and borders it all up you won't notice!! How cool will it be to see one of my blocks in a finished quilt at Crazy Mom Quilts?? I love her blog, if you haven't been there before you should go check it out, she's got some serious talent! And what a great idea by Emily at Creative Chicks to help another quilter out?? I love it. If you want to help out, just leave a message on the Creative Chicks post, and Emily will send you all the info! Just gotta get these in the mail now! I also finished reading Silver Birches, I'll have the review up on my book review blog later today! Have a great day and happy sewing!

1 comment:

Gina said...

I giggled at the fact that I probably look like that dinosaur rauring at the kids. They have been fighting and nagging each other for a couple hours now. So, I am taking a break and trying to ignore them LOL.

Beware the few racy photos...thought it was worth it to see all the other ones!