Saturday, December 5, 2009

Christmas Around The World

The Scrap that Idea store is back up!! And the girls have done it again! They've come out with another fantabulous collaboration mega kit, and this one is of course Christmas themed! It's called Christmas around the world, and check out the previews of the individual parts you get when you buy the kit:And here are my layouts, the first one is Rayna last year at Christmas, little booger was only three months old! So cute and tiny. Ahhh, those were the days, the days before she started getting into everything and then screaming at me when I pull her away from it all. I used a photo mask By Becca for this one. For sure check out the masks, I just love them!This one was inspired by my lovely little children. (Are you sensing the sarcasm??! lol). The title is the alpha from the collab as well as CK Ali's Hand font.
I also have been wanting to make these ever since I saw them on the Daily Digi back in October! My idea was to make a kind of elf shoe, with a curly toe, or Mrs. Claus' shoes. Chase helped me (his were covered in glitter glue) and was pretty excited to give away his paper shoes. He was pretty sad that they weren't functional though! If you'd like the template to make your own using your own papers, check out the Daily Digi post. For these ones I used the collab kit and added glitter glue to the area's I wanted to highlight. These ones are my favorite! If I had wanted to go all out, I could have also re-printed the flowers on them separately and cut them out, and used pop dots to attach them and give them some depth, but I added drop shadows instead, and added them right on the template only, because yes, I'm lazy like that!! These would be great to fill with little Christmas cookies or treats to give as gifts as well. So many different options! The first pair I just printed on regular paper, but they do turn out much nicer if you do use cardstock, which I did use on this pair. So as always, thanks for looking, and hurry to the store and grab this kit while it's on sale!! Happy Scrapping :)

1 comment:

Maurine Stettler said...

Your word art totally cracked me up! I don't know how you come up with so many fun ideas for your layouts!

Beware the few racy photos...thought it was worth it to see all the other ones!