Sunday, April 4, 2010

New Stuffs and some actual WORDS

Well, hope everyone had a great weekend, sucks that the work week begins again for me in about 8 hours! We went out to the in laws for Easter dinner yesterday, and today was a catch up on sleep day, had a nice three hour nap this afternoon. I have been feeling so crappy for the last three weeks and it's really kicking the crap out of me. My ear has been ringing for the last week and a half, and cracking and popping for the last two days, I've been stuffy on and off and have been hacking and coughing throughout. I went to the doctor the other day but he says it's just a recurring virus (or different viruses) and gave me some antibiotics to take if I'm not better by next week. I'm so tired of being sick! Three weeks is a little excessive, but it does feel like it's starting to let up, so hopefully by the end of the week I'll be back to normal. I did up an Easter card using a new kit by Lliella, this kit was so frigging cute! I actually used the QP freebie on her blog and cropped it to 5X7, and added my title and our names and the date, but I love it and I bought the kit too!The kids are doing great, the dayhome they have been going to is awesome, it's the same one Chase was in before I had Rayna, and they both are doing well. Chase is doing lots of crafts and Rayna is doing her own thing I guess. She has good naps there in the afternoons, and comes home pooped anyways, so I think that's a good thing that she's played out! Work has been challenging, as I learned the system they were working on for three weeks and then they brought a new operating system in, and it really wasn't ready to go. For invoicing purposes, it has been a nightmare. None of the customer coding was right, the prices were all coming up wrong, and it has been a real learning curve for everyone in the entire company trying to just fix the errors so we could do our jobs properly. We were about two weeks behind all month and the other girl in invoicing and I have been working weekends to try and get caught up, last week I put in 51 hours! Plus coming home to the kids and scrapping. SO needless to say, my house is a wreck, and I'm pretty behind on everything in my home life! My next task will be to get our tax stuff in and done. I'm really looking forward to a scrapbooking weekend retreat that my sister has put together, a few of us girls are going to rent a hotel room for the weekend, and do some scrapbooking, maybe go to a movie or two, and just have some child-less fun! My husband told me I need to have the taxes done or I can't go, so you better believe that tax stuff will be the big project for this week! Other than that I'm pretty boring, I still need to update my book blog, which has been sadly ignored, and I have a baby blanket I need to get put together ASAP, as my sister in law had a baby girl two weeks ago, and there will be a shower and I won't be remotely close to being finished! Anyways, that's the latest chit chat, here are the new kits for the week from Scrap That Idea, I have some from Kathy Winters and Dream Big that I'll probably post tomorrow, I'm runnning out of time so tomorrow's post will be for them!! But in the meantime, check out the April collab kit called Step into Spring from STI:
And my layout (**template by the digichick blog):Vicki also has a new kit out, called Forever. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this kit, the papers are beautiful, and I'm so in love with my layout, it's one of my all time favorites. I also really love the alpha in this one:
my layout (**template by Anna, photo texture by Shadowhouse Creations)Stacey has a new kit out this week called S is for Spring, and she has a contest going on over on her blog, I think you have to guess what the "T" is for, for the next alphabet kit, so make sure and head over there for that! You could win the next kit if you guess right! She's also having a contest on her facebook fan page, all you have to do is become a fan, and you could win one of her kits! Check that out too :)
My layout:
And Mel has a new kit out this week too, I love the colors in this one, the black with all the bright ones is so pretty! It really catches my eye, and I love the textures on the black paper too. She has the Splatz full kit, and mini kit as well:
My layout (which uses bits from the mini as well) (**template by Kaiser):
You can view each page individually here and here for a closer look :)
Well that's all til tomorrow! Have a great week, and as always, happy scrapping!

1 comment:

Marie-France Gervais said...

Good luck with the taxes, you've got to make that retreat!!!

Beware the few racy photos...thought it was worth it to see all the other ones!