Thursday, May 27, 2010

This Week...

We went camping last weekend to kick off summer, May long weekend in Canada and all that, and it totally snowed! The kids still had fun, Chase spent a lot of time by the fire with Daddy, they made s'mores and tried fishing a couple times, and when they came back to the camper Mommy and Rayna were waiting with hot chocolate!
Stupid thing is, it was only raining when we left home (which isn't unusual for May long weekend, we thought it would just blow over!) and the next day we woke up to find it was snowing, and it continued all day long, the snow in the trees was so heavy it was falling off the branches onto the camper. Crazy. Then I came home and scrapped a little bit with the new kits for this week, first up is Dream a little dream by Mel:My layout (template by Jen Caputo):Next up is Stacey's last kit in the alphabet series, Z is for Zoo. (Don't be sad though, she already has some new kits in the works and they are fantastic! You can also get a deal on her other alphabet kits, so make sure to go grab them if you skipped any!)My layout (template by trixiescraps):Last but not least is Cherish by Vicki:When I saw this kit I knew instantly this was what I wanted to do with it! Chase has been having some behavioural difficulties at his day home (lots of throwing sand, toys and hitting!) so I gave his day home lady some stickers and once he gets ten, I told him I would take him to see Shrek 4, and so far he's doing OK, he's gotten 4 stickers. I wanted to make this chart for him to have at home to keep encouraging him to be good! Gives him a place for his stickers as well, and I made it 8 1/2" by 11" so I could just print it off here. The colors for this kit were perfect! And the plaid paper made me think of Shrek's pants!! So that's it for this week, by baby boy turns 5 this weekend and I have sooo much to do to get ready for his party. I don't know what I was thinking, but this will be his biggest birthday party to date, and there may be over twenty people crammed in my tiny little house!! Hopefully the weather cooperates better for this weekend than it did for our camping! Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Beware the few racy photos...thought it was worth it to see all the other ones!